From Song Child
Song Child is in alpha testing
We are in the process putting all this together... check back later!
If you would like to help, please contact email@example.com
- Most of songchild is not visible to the public, but we did add a little content on Danny's page as a bit of an example of what we're working towards. Have a listen!
- Jason Nolan and Danny Bakan presented "Early Childhood Learning, Cultural Play, and Open License Children’s Music with Songchild.org" at CapChi in Ottawa Monday March 5th, 2008, sponsored by Design Interpretive.
- Jason Nolan presented "Songchild.org: Cultural Play in Open Access Children's Music" at Toronto/Montreal/Lille: Together Elsewhere/Ensemble Ailleurs February 1, 2008 at Ryerson University.
Song Child is an open license children's music project:
- average people singing the songs they love, with music and lyrics
- downloadable formats
- multicultural and multilingual
- free to use, contribute to, and share
The concept is to develop and maintain an on-line community of users, who will work together to write and share kids songs. The mandate of the site is to foster an Open License Music Project, in which users will work together to build upon and create public domain material. This musical repertoire of public domain kid's songs will be available to share and with children everywhere.
please note that all User Submissions to Songchild are done under Creative Commons license “Attribution 3.0 cc.” This means that if you submit content, you are either proclaiming that you are the owner to the rights of the content and agree to share your content under this copyright, or you have the necessary permission to submit the content under this copyright.